June 30 was our 20-week appointment...yea! Blake and I are ultra-anal-planning-CPA's. We HAD to know what this baby was. We were the first appointment of the day, so after getting up early and drinking my 32 oz. of water and 8 oz. of Dr. Pepper (the best Dr. Pepper I've ever had, by the way), we made our final guesses (we were both wrong!) and we were off. Of course, the one real storm we had in Waco all summer was that morning, and all of the traffic lights on the way to the Dr.'s office were blinking, so we were afraid that we would get there and there would be no electricity. But, there was!
We both knew it was a boy before the technician told us. You couldn't miss it! When the technician was taking pictures for the Dr., I saw it. Apparently, Blake did too. He said he looked at me and saw that I was smiling and knew that I already knew.
So, here he is! Pretty darn adorable, don't you think?

It has become a Willis family tradition that on the day of the sonogram, the parents host a little dinner party to announce the gender of the baby to the rest of the family. So, that's what we did. But, since my sister's in Cali, I decided that I would go ahead and tell her early since she couldn't be at the party. So, we came home and called her up on iChat. Both Dylan & Jaydon (our nephews) said that they wanted it to be a boy. "No Grils (Girls)!" So, they were pretty excited. When we held the picture up for them to see it, Jaydon said "Mommy, he lives in a cave?" And then they wanted to know if he would be here when we went to Colorado in August. I think they were pretty excited about their new baby cousin!
So, time to get ready for dinner. The menu was fajitas & taco salad with a German chocolate cake for dessert...yummy! And, I didn't even have to cook any of it -- even better!
I think all of the family was excited by the BOY news. For the Willis family, it's the first boy. For the Lloyd family, it's the third with no girls. But, Grammy and Granddad love their boys!
Someone asked me who was the most excited about us having a boy. Naturally, Blake and I are thrilled. I had always wanted a boy first, but totally didn't care once I found out I was pregnant. Blake's never really indicated a preference either way. I think he'd be an incredible dad to a boy or a girl! But, besides Blake and I, I think the grandfathers are the most excited. Except maybe Lynita.
Here are some pics from dinner:
No comments:
Post a Comment